Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Hyundai Azera and it is making a clicking

Customer Question
HI I have a...

HI I have a 2006 Hyundai Azera and it is making a clicking noise when it starts cold and rpm is about 1500, The noise goes away when the car is fully warmed up. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I can't tell origin of noise and I have had the car only 3 months. Bought it used

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Azera yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not able to fix it myself. And I have not tried anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/1/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So the clicking noise is more than likely a injector or valve tap, could even be piston slap, all of these happen when a car is cold and warms up then will go away,

Would synthetic oil change help with this? Or do you have any other suggestions?

the noise would have to be pinpointed to give specific solutions to the problem,

each noise carries its own set of solutions

but changing to a synthetic wouldn't matter either way, its the viscosity that would change anything but again we would need to know where the noise is coming from first

hows it going?

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!