Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My ESC is on off and my brake lights indicator is on as well…

Customer Question
My ESC is on...

My ESC is on off and my brake lights indicator is on as well as my ABS light. Also here a noise under my hood even when the key is off. I have to disconect the battery to get rid of the noise. It's -32c where I live. Could it be the cold doing this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

The ESC light is on as well as the brake warning light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 Hyundai SantaFe*****V6 3.3 engine with 170,000 KLM on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. it just started and I couldn't get a code reading from my code reader

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is also making a noise under the hood by the firewall near the break booster. The noise won't stop even if I turn the key off.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

do the noise sound like a small motor running ?

r u there

it sounds like a small motor
it sounds like a small motor. Why am I not getting a response

am here

this is cause by a internal short in the abs motor that cause it to run all the time you will have to get it replace to fix the problem

do you have any more question ?

if not please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks

r u there