Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 09 hyundai azera wont crank or start after not being

Customer Question
My 09 hyundai azera...

My 09 hyundai azera wont crank or start after not being driven for a week 08 im sorry its an 08

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

I have not but it is not the first time this has happened there is a new battery and alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Azera yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had AAA try to give a jump and i have had machanics replace the battery and alternator and the car started at the time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats pretty much it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/29/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

How long ago were the alternator and battery replaced?

5 months ago for both because this has happened before in July

ok, do you have a voltmeter?

i do not unfortunately
i can purchase one and then what would i be checking the voltage on?

can you get one? we need to check the battery voltage. then we need to try to jump start it and get the battery voltage while its running.

you may have a slow drain to the battery

i can buy a voltmeter it will take me a few minutes though

thats fine i have to get to my shop so I wont be on for like 45 minutes

okay how can i get back in contact with you

right here

The battery has the proper voltage but it does not have the proper Amperage. Based on the car not having any power after sitting for a few days what could be the cause to the problem? Also I am trying to charge the battery will that help?

whats the voltage?

12 volts

ok, can you get a jump start?

I can possibly jump it. I won't be sure until I get the battery back to the car and off the charger plus I will have to get a parking spot next to the car

ok. let me know

I got the battery charged and once I got home I put the battery in the car and it started no problem it didn't even need a jump!!

whats the battery voltage while the engine is running?

I do not know I will drive to have it checked at auto parts store while it's running

thought you bought a meter?

That was my reason for going to the parts store but they offered to charge the battery for free so I opted for the free battery charge

statically a good battery will read 12.5 volts and not move. and 14.4 volts when the engine is running

do you know what could drain amps from a car battery?

about 200 different things. you will need to have a parasitic drain test done

okay okay im in a pinch financially right now so it may take time before I can get a detailed check

have this tsb done

if you had a meter, you could check it yourself

okay i am checking the link

ok

hows it going?