Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Power outlet not working in console. 2006 azera limted.

Customer Question
Power outlet not working...

Power outlet not working in console

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2006 azera limted

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Azera yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all the fuses, as mentioned in all forums.... wanted to know if im missing a step

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

One in engine compartment and one in side dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In short of dismantling the center console assembly..... ive done pretty much everthing i know

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/28/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. I would be happy to help you out with this.

Do you have access to a multimeter we can use to perform a few voltage tests?

i have one.
it would also help if i have schematics. so i can trace the circuit, ( you know, if the lead goes to a relay or not)

The power outlet does not run through a relay, it gets battery power straight from the fuse, so it should have a direct ground and direct 12v signal. Let me see if I can find the diagram for the system

this is the outlet inside the console armrest....

The one that is on the backside of it for the passengers?

Problem is with the outlet Inside the armrest compartment.( Not the exterior/aft for Passengers.)
Note:
-The front outlet, next to ***** good
-The rear passenger outlet, near the passenger vents... is good
-The one in the arm rest compartment, is no good.What's else is there to check, in short of tearing down the armrest assy.Fuses are good. Not unless there is a hidden fuse box hidden somewhere, besides the side dash and engine compartment fuse relay boxes.Is there a TSB referenced? because it appears to be a common issue on Hyundai vehicles, sonata /azera. Et.al..

I am not seeing any TSBs for this issue, since this is not a common issue I have seen before I am going to opt out and open this up to another Hyundai specialist

Hyundai Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

If you have checked the fuses and they are good, then you need to access the power point by removing the center console and verifying the power point connector is plugged in and has power to it.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician