Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a Hyundai Tuscan that for the last year has given me…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Hyundai Tuscan that for the last year has given me trouble starting. it is a very intermittent problem but one that the dealer here does not seem to have any idea on how to fix. I have been stuck in places from anywhere between 5 minutes to 50 minutes before it starts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

The battery is fully charged and the headlights are off.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

Tucson 2.0 2WD A/T

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tucson?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i have been sending it to the dealer each time but they can not replicated the problems when they have it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When you go to start it you push the button and it makes the usual wining noise then nothing. all the dash lights come on but the ignition does not strike.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
12/28/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok you need to check the starter signal wire for voltage when its in failure to ensure your getting voltage to the starter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do i do that?

have someone hit the button and you get under the car and measure it with a multimeter

there will be big wire and little one, you want to measure the little one

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
could you give me any other things to check for please?
I will need to use a mechanic when this happens but they dont seem to have a clue where to start.
I live in Macau - China so i also have a language problem locally.

this is the first place to start, if you have voltage then the starter is bad, if no voltage there will need to be some in depth electrical troubleshooting

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
could the problem be the switch?

it could be a lot of things and a switch is one of them

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what other things can you suggest so i can check them off with the dealer

We could guess all day but we need to do some diagnostics, let me know what voltage you get at the starter when its failing and then we can go from there

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician