Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Basically my catalyic converters broke and I got it fixed…

Customer Question
So basically my catalyic...

So basically my catalyic converters broke and I got it fixed but it says not ready when I brought it to inspection

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle been "scoped out"?

What does scoped out mean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2006 santa fe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it was fixed at an auto repair i drove for more than 500 miles after getting it back

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The catalytic converter and the oxygen sensors said not ready

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/26/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: internal88, Hyundai Mechanic replied 6 months ago
internal88
internal88, Hyundai Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am Brandon - Hyundai.

You will need to drive the vehicle in a daily traffic condition. Meaning stop and go traffic condition for 30 miles after it is warmed up. The emission device will eventually be ready. My word of advice drive the car in the inspection when it is fully warmed up.

Try to drive in a slow speed in the 30 MPH - 20 mph in the local road.

Let me know if you have further question. Please rate me positive, thank you.

Hi but I have driven for more than 500 miles after the car had been fixed