Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2012 huandai santa fae all wheel drive clunks when put in…

Customer Question
2012 huandai santa fae...

2012 huandai santa fae all wheel drive clunks when put in gear. have had it checked and no one knows problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Very good. 50000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Hyundai santa fe all wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. garage checked universal joints .oiling front wheel areas and cheching other areas.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
12/26/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 month ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this issue occurring when you shift from park to drive or park to reverse or both and does it also occur while driving while the vehicle is shifting?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
both

If the engine and transmission mounts were not checked for any issues this needs to be done.If any issues are found with the mounts the affected mounts need to be replaced.If all mounts are or were checked and found to be o.k. then I would have the exhaust checked and engine cradle bolts for being loose.In some cases, exhaust components can become loose or bent causing this noise when shifting in and out of gear and when driving same with the engine cradle bolts.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician