Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Honda Elantra touring that sometimes smells…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Honda Elantra touring that sometimes smells like burning but the antifreeze is burning only happen sometimes after I’ve been driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?

No leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

That’s not what I meant to say stupid auto correct

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What I meant to say is the car has not been overheating At all even when driving for quite some time my husband did notice a tiny leak about the size of a quarter the other day

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/22/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

What you need is a coolant pressure test , to help find that tiny leak,they sell these testers at local parts store

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ??

please let me know

We probably will take it in to get fixed, but are trying to Guage what the problem might be and how much it's going to cost

for it to be just a size of quarter ,most likely a heater hose clamp or hose cracked , water thermostat leaking and lower radiator hose ? all theses issues around $150

if we have a water pump leaking $350 , radiator $250

they should charge you around $75 to pressure test it and then parts and labor

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Do you feel like I can drive the car for at least a few weeks with this current issue?

i can not guarantee it will not break it on you , if the belt is not crazy loose where you hear flapping in there then yes, but if it get louder and louder the faster you go, you will be taken a chance on it , i m being honest with you