Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

IT's still me Ms. Pearl. 2014 Hyundai sonata. Nothing yet…

Customer Question
IT's still me Ms...

IT's still me Ms. Pearl

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2014 Hyundai sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/21/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What seems to be going on with the vehicle?

my car shut off while driving yesterday. So my question is do I need a new starter or an alternator & when I turn the key it only has1 click.

we need to do some testing to figure that out, do you have a multimeter or test light?

testing light
I have a testing light

what happened when it shut off? was there a charging light on? does the light light up bright on the battery?

It just shut off while driving. All the lights come on and works bright

does the starter click?