Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2011 Sonata Hybrid, and about 3 months ago the

Customer Question
HI there; I own...

HI there; I own a 2011 Sonata Hybrid, and about 3 months ago the engine seized on my... I finally got the engine rebuilt, just this morning the mechanic called me saying he is not able to start the car... 12V is new and charged, the problem is that the hybrid battery has low charge, Any ideas on how he can get the car running?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

Hybrid battery is still the original one, probably about 4-5 years ... the battery was working fine when the engine seized... and the dealer diagnosed the car problem being a bad engine only.... I think it just has low charge... He is not sure how to by pass the battery to get the car running... assuming once its running it will recharge the hybrid battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, its in an engine rebuilt shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Any Hybrid specialist out there?
I guess my question is:
How can I start the gas engine with the Hybrid battery being low?
12/22/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: 6Bucs, Dealer master tech replied 8 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Dealer master tech
Thank you for your question. My name is***** you have the mobile charger for the high voltage system?
Hyundai Mechanic: 6Bucs, Dealer master tech replied 7 months ago
Hello. Did you still need assistance?