Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Keys locked in trunk. 43000.no. 2013 sonata. Cannot unlock…

Customer Question
Keys locked in trunk ...

Keys locked in trunk

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

43000.no

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2013 sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes...cannot unlock trunk

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/21/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

For this you are limited, if there is a power trunk release button inside the vehicle then you'd want to try that first, next would be a spare set of keys but I am assuming you only have one set, next would be to remove the rear seat from the car and enter the trunk and the last option would be to go down to your local dealer and give them your vin, they will need a copy of your registration and your license usually to confirm you are the owner and they can then cut you a brand new spare key by your vin number, it's actually a pretty simple process and then you will have a spare key as well.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician