Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have to hold the key for extended amount of time before it…

Customer Question
I have to hold...

I have to hold the key for extended amount of time before it will turn over, sometimes helps if i pump gas. once on its idling very low like its hardly running, then not always but becoming more regularly when i put in drive and press gas car will try to sputter and shut off. There are also times when I get it running, it stalls or misfires. sometimes I cant even get it to turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It will be in park, this is when i first go to turn it on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2001 hyundai santa fe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have someone replacing the fuel filter as i am on here

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats it! thanks!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/21/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

the very first thing to do is to have the fuel pressure tested and make sure it reads 38-43psi

are you there?

do you still need help?

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician