Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 09 santa fe. i had some fuel line issues with.

Customer Question
I have an 09...

I have an 09 santa fe. i had some fuel line issues with. dealert removed the rear seat and accessed the fuel tank for repairs. ever since then after i flll the tank and until it gets down close to half a tank there is a gas odor around the car after it sits. dealer has the car right now but say they don't smell gas. everyone else that gets in the car smells it. what do i do?

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

I filled it shortly before taking it to the dealer. the odor seems to just be around the outside of the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not done anything myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA.....in order to access the fuel pump and sending units, a round cover needs to be removed from under the rear seats....there is a large seal that goes between the body and the cover....this not only keeps out moisture, but also fuel vapors....the most likely cause is that either the seal needs to be replaced, or that some gasoline was spilled onto the carpet during the repair.