Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How to replace third brake light bulb that's located in the…

Customer Question
How to replace...

How to replace third brake light bulb that's located in the spoiler of a 2006 Hyundai Sonata sport model (model has a sun roof).

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

It's good. other brake lights are working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Don't know how to proceed. When the trunk is up the screws for the globe under the spoiler are visible but space too narrow to reach screws unless spoiler is loosened and lifted up.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/18/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Here is a video that explains how to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLaWjlChHc

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

The video you sent to me shows installation of bulb in third brake light located under the back window. It does not answer my question of how to replace the bulb located inside the spoiler.
Not happy.
Hyundai Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Unsure if I can help just yet but can you send the full VIN# ***** the car?

Vin# ***** *****

can not locate any repair information, Sry

Hyundai Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago
mike switzer

they sell low clearance screwdrivers at auto parts stores for these kinds of tasks. the screws do no take much force to break free or to tighten.,