Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ABS,, anti skid prevention, check engine lights on cruise…

ABS,, anti skid prevention...

ABS,, anti skid prevention, check engine lights on cruise control doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Solid light

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the 10 A fuses but the owners manual doesn't give me specific fuses to chevk

12/16/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Start by checking the brake lights. IF there is a problem with the brake light switch, it will cause all of this to happen. The cruise won't work with the abs and traction control not working properly. If the brake lights are working, then you will need to have the check engine light read for codes. Some of the codes will turn off the traction control and ABS. Most parts stores will read this codes for you at no charge. Once you have that done you could post the code with me and I can provide a much more detailed answer to what's happening with the car. Sometimes something as simple as a loose gas cap can cause all this to happen.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

We are driving currently do I will check this at our next rest stop. If it persists I will contact you. We had trouble with the brake switch a year ago Bought a new switch but never installed because it began working

Yes please let me know. If that's the issue it would cause all this on you. Such a simple thing but the computers just go nuts with that stuff!

We are looking for a place to check the brakes

I hope it's this easy and simple. I know it would be a pain, but it would also be a good thing because these are fairly easy to replace.

Brakes light work fine. I diconnected and reconnected the brake switch, but no change.

Ok, I feel you are going to need to try and get it to a parts store to get the code on the check engine light for us. It's likely some type of evap emissions system code causing the problem although with the brake light on it could be one of the speed sensors. Check the fluid level in the brake master cylinder as well. If it's low, it's going to trigger the lights as well.

Where are the speed sensors located ? This started after I wrapped accidentally a snow chain around the left wheel when it slipped off the tire

They are out at each wheel, so it's quite possible the snow chain damaged the wiring to that speed sensor. This would certainly cause all the traction control, brake and abs lights to come on. The car isn't seeing speed on that wheel. It also means the traction control and ABS will not work. You can continue to drive the car without a problem, just has to be very careful is all.

Where is the wiring ? Does it have a male/female connector that mat have come loose?

The wiring will run from the hub and up the control arm into the car in most cases. There should be a connector along the wiring that might have been pulled. These come in a lot of different styles, some have the connector right at the hub, others bury it in the body of the car and it's a long wire. To be honest, you will have to take a look. It's the only wiring at the hub behind the wheel however.

OK Ill check the right side to see where it is located and the look at the left when we come to another rest area!

Ok, just be careful out there!

55357;� just replaced the brake switch. I'll find a parts olace to read the code or lift it to really check out the wires to the wheel. Thanks for the help

You are very welcome!
Also, kindly remember to rate my answer.
Thank you so much!!

Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician