Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a Hyundai Fanta Fe 2015. My husband parked the car on…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Hyundai Fanta Fe 2015. My husband parked the car on our drive way and I realized he had left the lights on and the car open. Thinking this was strange I went out and the whole thing had frozen. Nothing electrical would respond. If it was a computer it was like it had frozen. I have locked the car using the pull out key in the door. Released the shift lock with a screw driver as it was stuck in park but still no joy in starting the engine? Can you help at all. The interior lights are on so it doesn’t feel like the car battery is dead. Strangely it won’t even detect the key is in the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

As above

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that’s everything.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
On line and ready
I have breakdown recovery on their way so thank you but I will leave this tonight
I will revisit this site if I don’t get the answers from the recovery guy
12/16/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you still need help?

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician