Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Getting code P2507 and car has little power and jerks on…

Second opinion] Hi. Getting...

Second opinion] Hi. Getting code P2507 and car has little power and jerks on starting at times. Gets stuck in 3rd gear sometimes but after it is turned off for a while it usually normal. Is it OK to drive it when it is stuck in 3rd gear?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes for lights and the battery seems charged.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2007 sonata 3.3 L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything. It has happened several time over the past couple of months and then is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What causes this code, how do I fix it and is it OK to drive it when it is stuck in 3rd gear.

Answered in 1 hour by:
12/14/2017
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

the P 2057 code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting the power input is below the required voltage for the 5 volt internal ECM reference signal voltage to the sensors

so 1st thing to check is the condition of the battery earth / ground connections

all must be clean and tight with no corrosion

check where the wire is secured to the body / chassis too and there should also be a smaller wire that runs out of the engine bay loom and is secured to the engine with a ring terminal

this is the ECM specific earth

I'd also check the condition of the ECM fuses, remove each in turn and check for cracks or corrosion

the car should be OK to drive but may be stuck in a 'limp home ' mode so there's a lack of power and it may stick in 1 gear too

its also wroth disconnecting the ECM from the wiring harness and inspect the connector for bent or broken pins

if all of this is OK then I'd say to send the ECM off for testing / repair

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/

http://www.autoecu.com/

http://www.ecudoctors.com/

http://stores.digitalautotech.com/StoreFront.bok

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

350matt
350matt, Engineer
350matt
350matt
350matt, Engineer