Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have the same parasitic drain in my 2007 Hyundai Azera.

Customer Question
I have the same...

I have the same parasitic drain in my 2007 Hyundai Azera. Pulling the memory fuse returns everything to normal. The battery drops after two weeks of non-use; otherwise. The only other electrical related issue I have is with the radio display only displaying the startup diagnostics, not a blank display. I love my car; but, this sucks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I thought about that, while I was typing this. Could the memory fuse be bad and causing the extra draw?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Azera yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hyundai and Firestone have both looked at it. Hyundai tried to say that it was my aftermarket alarm (the hyundai one failed); but, I can disconnect it and the draw remains the same. Firestone couldn't find the reason and wanted several hundred dollars to perform advanced diagnostics. Hence, I am trying to isolate myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have replaced the battery a couple of times, before I discovered the "draw" issue.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/13/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

what do you mean by "Pulling the memory fuse returns everything to normal."

The 700ma draw drops to about 5ma.
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician