Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I unlocked the door using my key because the key fob

Customer Question
I unlocked the door...

I unlocked the door using my key because the key fob wouldn’t work now the car won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

I just did it looks like it was wet or something

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don’t know what to do next

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/12/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Does the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all?

Will not crank I’m in South Korea and I think the key is a valet key. I’m in the military and bought it from another guy. I opened the key fob and it looked nasty around the battery. I’m stuck at the airport.
I cleaned the battery off I’m about to go check it again

I would try a jump start first. It could be the battery just ran down and that's why the fob didn't work. So, I would start with the jump start, let the donor car sit on it for about 15 minutes, then try to start it. Hopefully, it's just this simple and the security isn't set. I would expect the low battery to be the problem.

Let me know.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Okay thanks

You're very welcome. I know it's not the ideal situation, but a low battery would be much better then a security issue.

Thank you for your service!

If I don’t unlock it with the key Farb and I go to start at the emergency flashers start to blink

Yes, that is a twist.

Ok, these can be a real pita.

Try locking the door with the door switch close it, then unlock it with the key and wait about 30 seconds before you open the door. This should give it time to deactivate the alarm.

Also, try the passenger door if that doesn't work. If you can unlock the passenger door it might resolve it.

Give this a shot and let me know.. This might be an aftermarket alarm, the horn should be going off with the hazards