Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Horn is spontaneously going off by itself and drained the…

Customer Question
Horn is spontaneously going...

Horn is spontaneously going off by itself and drained the battery. Got new battery and, it's still occurring. Car won't start either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are not as I just replaced the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

Tuscon, 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

At the moment, I'm by myself. Haven't really tried anything because I don't know what to try. An online forum suggested it might be "hood/bonnet switch being slightly out of whack. There is a small rubber switch on the left (passenger) side of the radiator carrier frame when you open the hood and this meets up with a rubber plug mounted on the bottom of the hood"

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/12/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

You really need a scan tool that can access the bcm and read live data to see that the hood and all the doors are closed. You also need to scan the vehicle for codes in the body control module and the security system. Do you have a warranty on this? How many miles are on the vehicle? If you are still under warranty the dealer would be the best place to bring it as they will have the proper diagnostic tools to pull codes and see live data.

Try lifting up on the hood to get the alarm to set. This would verify that the problem is the hood switch. Try pushing the lift gate and all of the doors as well. If you are able to duplicate the problem by pushing and pulling on the hood and or doors then they may be out of adjustment. You can adjust the hood pins and you can also adjust the doors. Adjust them until you are no longer able to duplicate the horn going off.

Now that I have provided a full or partial answer a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal.

This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question answered!