Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It cranks but won't start. I replaced the crankshaft

Customer Question
It cranks but won't...

It cranks but won't start. I replaced the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft sensor this morning and still won't turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

It only stalled one time. And 10 minutes later it started right back up. Rough idle. It has what looks to be a new coil pack

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Hyundai?

I can hear the fuel pump run

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is a 2003 Hyundai Accent

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I'm doing it myself. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft sensor this morning

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I would like a phone call but my phone is acting up. If possible answer here
Are you there
12/10/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 5 months ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer

does it have spark?

I can't test it. The coil pack on it looks brand new, the plugs and wires were just replaced in October. Would the neutral safety switch prevent it from starting
You can call me at(###) ###-####room 214

phone is extra do u want to phone or continue w text

Text
I'm at a loss. Everything I've read online about this problem, I have done it, but it still won't start
What else can I do

does it have compression?

I don't know

is the timing belt intact

From what I see, yes

does it sound normal when cranking?

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.

Spark

Fuel

Compression

All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important part in diagnosing a no start condition.

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy