Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My back up camera is fuzzy. Came with the vehicle. its a…

Customer Question
My back up camera...

My back up camera is fuzzy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Came with the vehicle. its a 2013 santa fe limited.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried wiping it external so far. I was just looking into what to do next.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/10/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi

hi

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I would suggest checking wiring particularly where it leaves the vehicle body to ensure no damage or kinking.

if all looks good, then unfortunately it is likely an issue with the camera itself which would likely require it be replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

do you know if it is under warranty?

it would be under the original warranty, if it has not yet expired, which depends on your in service date and mileage. Please do not forget to click a positive rating