Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited having intermittent ESC off…

Customer Question
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe...

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited having intermittent ESC off and ABS dash lights come on for a period of time then go off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Have not checked fuses or bulbs. Complete brake job with master cylinder was done about 115k, vehicle has @126k on it now mostly highway miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, have not tried anything yet

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/7/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This is usually the result of a bad tone ring on one of the cv shafts. Jack it up and inspect them closely. If you have one wth a split in it, it can allow the ring to spin. This will cause the light to come on, then when it stops spinning the light will go back out. If the rings look fine, then you will have to have it scanned for codes in the ABS system to know where to start looking. I have seen this happen on several vehicles though, so I would start there.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?