Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Liquid leak (pool) under drivers side very front end on 2002…

Customer Question
Hello, Brown liquid leak...

Hello, Brown liquid leak (pool) under drivers side very front end on 2002 Sante Fe

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Hoses look to be original and was a MN car that has been idle for a few months. Also hard to see under the lower frame

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Hyundai?

Sante Fe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to but that lower frame interfers with visibility of hoses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/7/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello I will help,

Is this oily? Can you compare it to the transmission fluid? If they look the same the problem is the cooler lines to the cooler in front of the AC condenser in front of the radiator are leaking. There is bulletin on these from states that use salt on their roads.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

it is oily but not oil and would appear to be transmission oil and had high flow once engine started. There was some smoke from heat in engine too. Thoughts on short drive to mechanic as it is difficult to get under the front frame for access to hoses

That is going to have to be towed, there is no way to plug the hoses.

This is a recall so you might check with a dealer and let them run the VIN to see if the recall has been done. If it is still open then they will do this for free I think.

Click here for TSB

Click here for recall notice.

Let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Do you have anything further? If not please complete the rating

Can I provide further help with this?