Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 elantra limited, electric door locks started to click,

Customer Question
2013 elantra limited, electric...

2013 elantra limited, electric door locks started to click, on and off and sometimes just clicking but not changing the door locks. Also have the experience of not being able to statrt the car period. No electrics, despite a brand new battery. Brake pedal is hard and will not start with push button start. Once I hook up a booster battery, electric come on and the car starts. Have had the new battery checked and it is not run down. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No, no leaking or acid smell.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra Limited yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've boosted the car twice, and replaced the battery. Handed it over to a private Hyundai-trained mechanic and he cannot find a problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/6/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the battery was tested and found good but you can get it to jump start and run check and make sure the battery cables are not loose or corroded at or leading from the battery.Also, have the battery cables tested for any high resistance issues as this can also cause this fault here.If these were already checked and found o.k. let me know.This can also cause issues with electronics like the locks acting up like you see with a voltage or ground loss issue and does sound to be a cable connection or high resistance in a cable causing this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete