Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 SANTE FE SPORT KEYLESS ENTRY...NEW KEY BATTERIES, WHEN…

Customer Question
2012 SANTE FE SPORT...

2012 SANTE FE SPORT KEYLESS ENTRY...NEW KEY BATTERIES, WHEN I SHUT THE ENGINE, THE IGNITION DEFAULTS TO ACC AND WILL NOT SHUT OFF. SCREEN SAYS TO PUT IT IN PARK BEFORE SHUTTING. BUT IT IS IN PARK. BACK AND FORTH WITH THE SHIFT LEVER, AND ON AND OFF WITH THE ENGINE, BUT THE IGNITION SWITCH STILL DEFAULTS TO ACC.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

NEW BATTERY

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Hyundai?

SPORT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

WE HAVE TRIED EVERY COMBINATION OF START AND STOP AND ACC, IDLE, SHUTTING THE ENGINE NOT IN PARK, IN PARK, ETC, THERE SEEMS TO BE THAT THE SENSOR IS NOT DETECTING THAT THE CAR IS IN PARK WHEN I SHUT IT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: JustAnswer, Other replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Other
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
IF NO ANSWER, PLEASE EMAIL AT ***@******.***
Hyundai Mechanic: ,  replied 7 months ago
Phone call session started