Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Having same problem with 2007 automatic Santa Fe. Difficulty…

Customer Question
Having same problem with 2007...
Having same problem with 2007 automatic Santa Fe. Difficulty is that car is in Nicaragua. It would take Hyundai Service there several months to get parts. I’m looking for part here in US to take back down in a couple of weeks. The car takes diesel fuel and has a turbo. It’s probable that car was made in Korea. Would turbo or diesel make a difference?
You say in this string that the VSS part #(###) ###-####should work but I should also get a drive gear? Do you know the part # for that? I’ve read in blogs that if the gear is worn, that also can be the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/5/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 4 months ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

I have no knowledge or information about of what is sold in Nicaragua so I will OPT OUT of your question

Hyundai Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician
Hi name is ***** ***** I am a Automotive expert here at Just Answer.
I Just noticed that your question had not received a reply and thought I would see if you still need help with this.
I'm sorry for the long delay and I hope I can still assist you with this question .
My information is a little limited on your vehicle at the moment but I had seen no one else has replyed and would like to know if I can till help you.
If you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.
let me know by useing the reply tab so we can continue .
Remember in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being in front of it.
Kindest regards Greg.
Have you run a diagnostic scan for malfunction codes.
I take it you have the 2.2L Diesel engine fitted .
Explain your problem.
I can get you all parts for this engine
If needed.
Rgds Greg
No thanks. Since I didn't get response as advertised, I'm going with info from blogs.
Ok thank you Sir / Madam
Rgds Greg
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician