Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Hyundai elantra my daughter n law was tring to…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Hyundai elantra my daughter n law was tring to get in the passenger door and the car wasn't unlocked on the passenger side after this occurred the car would not start and shows a pic of the car with a key in the center on the right side of the panel where the fuel and other gauges are located the car will only click once but will not start and the car with key is staying on is this the anti theft causing this and if so how can I reset it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just started yesterday and had to have my car towed and sounds like it's from the starter it has less then 70,000 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

My son has tried to reset the anti theft so far but gives several ways to do so. He is a mechanic on a lot of vehicles just has never worked on a Hyundai

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also have noticed after this occurred the dash lights are delaying coming on and the steering has adjustments that lets it move in and out and up and down will not go in and out but will go up and down

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/5/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA...have you tested the battery yet? It sounds like you have a multitude of electrical problems.