Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cannot lock my trunk, with key fob or the switch in car on…

Customer Question
Hi I cannot lock...

Hi I cannot lock my trunk, with key fob or the switch in car on door. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No but the fob locks all the other doors?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2011 hyundai accent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried the maintenance book for ideas, I've tried both key fobs, I've tried the lock on inside of door. I am kinda poor, my sons bought me the car last year and i don't want to bother them and look unappreciative.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was wondering if it could be the fuse?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
12/2/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

How long have you owned this Accent?

I’ve had it for a year. It’s never locked but other doors do just not trunk

Once the trunk is closed it does not just pull open does it? You need to use your key in the lock cylinder on the trunk, or pull the release cable inside the car to open the trunk, correct?

The key doesn’t lock the trunk either. After locking doors with key fob or with door locks the trunk stays unlocked and you can just open it

Ok. If that is the case then you need a new trunk latch, as the key is a mechanical connection to the latch for locking and unlocking.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

Do you have any more questions on your trunk issue?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Sorry I haven’t rated your service. I feel completely hood winked by “just answer.com”
When I first inquired with my question, your site said the cost of the answer to my question would could be 5 or 6 dollars. I got a second question from your site and then was told that answer would cost me another 20. Or 25 dollars for the answer.
I feel completely mislead about asking a question and what the cost would be.
I did realize that asking a question cost 5.99 and the answer was the reason for the fee of 5 or 6 dollars. I had no idea to receive answer an would cost another fee of $29.00?
I believe I was ripped off. The initial cost of 5 or 6 dollars was fine. But to be forced to pay $20-30. ? ( I don’t have current bank Statement yet to know actual charges thru my checking account, more for the answer I was lead to believe the question would be answered at the 5-6 dollar fee.
It’s sad because you could do quite well with the first charge. And all your customers would be pleased.
I find it distrubing that I feel like your company has completely disrespected me. Many of us can not afford to pay this secondary fee to o get the answer we so desperately needed.

Ok sorry you feel that way. I dont do anything with billing I answer questions and just look to have satisfied customers with whom I chat with. I do know that when you signed up you agreed to a deposit of 5 dollars and a question value of approx 22 dollars. Either way, rating me does not change the amount of monies you pay just answer. Rating me builds my profile of customers that I have helped. Thanks anyway.