Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Was driving ok, when got on the highway, went to accelerate…

Customer Question
Was driving ok, when...

Was driving ok, when got on the highway, went to accelerate and engine lost power. I got to the side of the road, smelt oil and noticed oil light indicator on. Had vehicle towed to mechanic. He is saying it is a problem with intake manifold - something to do with a screw in the valve which comes lose. Said he has seen this before and Hyundai has a problem with this. Called dealership and they will not give him any info on this problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2011 Sante Fe My mechanic says that Hyundai has a note on this problem or something like this - not a recall, but a service alert or something.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Hyundai?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Need to find out if it is something Hyundai might cover or not. They want us to tow vehicle to them and then pay like 150.00 for them to diagnose before they will give any details on the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/28/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you , I will try to help you with this issue here
Good Morning Chad
I hope you can
Good morning to you
Now, this is not a recall where dealer pays you will pay it is this is just a technical servicehulletn where they have so many cases came in all over the world same issue to make it easier on tech to fix it, in other words, now u can buy intake urself and have your mechanic do it if he has the tools and knowekded might be cheaper than dealer
What does this mean? Can you explain this a bit. If we tow to Hyundai, and this problem is related to this TSB, does this mean they might be willing to help us. The vehicle never had an engine replacement. Has 220,000 miles. Was running good prior to this but was leaking oil from the engine.
No they want help it is not listed as a recall , now some dealership if you talk to manager and you close to warranty expiration or a little over might help you, it is just themanafcatuer will not pay dealer to fix it
You are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen
I would buy parts from dealer and find good tech and let Jim install but cheaper on labor will be my advice if you do not want to go dealer route since it will be high and overpriced
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat