Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid went to start it this…

Customer Question
Good morning , I...

Good morning , I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid went to start it this morning and all alarms went off. pressed the brake and push the start button to no avail. I got out the car and locked the door and tried to re-enter with the key and can't seem to get back into the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Recently I replaced the battery in the remote start and couldn't still get in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I take it to the dealership when I have problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The system state the breaks system is having trouble and it doesn't recognize the key. It asked me to place the key in the hold in the glove box which I did but that hadn't worked either

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you , I will try to help you with this issue

unfortunately to know for sure we need factory scanner or equivalent to read fault codes based on these fault codes we can pull up pin point troubleshoot and be accurate

most likely it lost key fob sync with car receiver and we need a scanner to re sync or master reset sometime works after you replace the key fob battery

now we can try a simple master reset on the 12 volts battery for now until you take to dealer ,

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

I will try your suggestion as stated prior my key doesn't open the driver side door lock

well you see the driver door lock is very important to function correctly actualy if the driver door lock not working will intefer with alarm

make sure that is working , do that and let me know and we can continue

read below how to get back in touch with me

You are very welcome :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

I've tried you suggestion and nothing happened...

at this time we need a capable scanner that can Hyundai modules including anti theft module , HV module ecu ,bcm ,ip module and retrieve fault code and pull up a pin point test to what causing it and be accurate with out that it will be a guess and we end up throwing parts at it,

now the local parts store code reader want do since it can only read engine fault code and this here is not related to engine ,it will be anti theft , key fob re sync, door switch ,hood switch ip panel ,anti theft antenna ,receiver etc.. to many to list or guess at it

if you get fault codes list them back here and i can help you further and be accurate

I m sorry the system has to many parts involved

You are very welcome :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat