Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I replace the center support bearing on the

Customer Question
driveshaft of a 2004 Hyundai...
How do I replace the center support bearing on the driveshaft of a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/25/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,

click on link to view the info requested

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

This information is not specific to my vehicle, it is only generic and so it may or may not be accurate for my needs. In most cases the new bearing assembly must be pressed onto the shaft of the drive line. Some tools are better than others for this purpose and it depends on the make and year of the vehicle. So, no, this isn't helpful, too general.

well no worries man, I will opt out of your question for other experts maybe they can be more specific and send you bigger diagrams on it , sorry that is all i have just the remove & replace that is listed in the shop manual we use at dealership

Please do not reply back to me since it will lock the question back to me and other experts want see to assist you further

Good luck with it sir

Hyundai Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

The directions Chad posted are for your Hyundai. Yes you will have to use a press to pull the old bearing off, and press the new bearing back on, But the directions specifically for your drive shaft.