Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech
24571351

2010 elantra GLS all but the drivers side power windows

Customer Question

Second opinion] 2010 elantra GLS all but the drivers side power windows stopped working. I have checked the P/WDW DR, P/WDW ASS and P/WDW fuses and they are OK. The drivers side window works fine. It is only the passenger side and both rear windows that don't function. The locks on all are fine. I tried to remove inside passenger door panel but failed.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you got a circuit tester and or multi meter?

they do not have individual fuses or relays for each window , they all go through the master switch and also the BCM so the first thing I would check is the wiring from the diver's door to the inside of the car. Over time opening and closing the door sometimes brakes wires inside that cord . So what you have to do is go under the dash on driver's side and remove the side kick panel and disconnect the connector for that wiring going to the door. Then pull it through towards the door so you can open up the insulation to check all the wires. Let me know what you find.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.