Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a high pitch noise when I turn my ac on. Its cooling…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a high pitch noise when I turn my ac on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Its cooling all right It just that it has this high pitch noise that it bothers me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2012 Sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't try anything yet. Actually Someone just told me it could be that it needs some grease and that can help it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/20/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is this noise coming from the engine bay or the cab ? Have you pinpointed what component the noise is coming from?

Seems to me that comes from the cab. The sound stops if I turn the AC off, so definetely looks to me like the AC fan.
I have other question in regard to billing, I just notice they charge me 20 bucks in total I though it was only 5 deposit?

those can get debris in them very easily and cause what your talking about, you would just simply want to remove it and check the squirrel cage for debris, if not debris is found try operating it with the motor out and see if the noise is still there

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zzdqe0o4bpn7qq/motor.docx?dl=0

Did everything work out ok ?