Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How much does it cost to ask a question about my 2000

Customer Question
How much does it...

How much does it cost to ask a question about my 2000 accent?

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Hyundai Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

If I sent a picture pointing out where the leak is located could that help in diagnosing the problem, it's easy to get too

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not really, everything else can be fixed by observation

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/20/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name Nelson and I have been an Automotive Technician for over 12 years.

first what fluid is leaking? and if you could send a clear picture that would help confirm the leak.

Oil leak!!! not transmission fluid!!!. It's leaking just below the cam shaft sensor, it's night time here, but maybe my phone will take a picture if not I'll have to up load one tomorrow morning when the sun comes up.
between the Coil Pack and the cylinder head, just below the camshaft sensor is a disc, it appears to align with the cam shaft opposite end of the timing chain sprocket. left hand side of the engine. oil leaks from the bottom of that disc and it forms a puddle on top of my transmission. While the engine is running I can put my finger against that disc and it stops rattling and leaking. It appears the disc needs to be replaced, is that a job for a mechanic or can I do it myself?
are you there Nelson??
I don't know what's going on here but I was told it would cost me $5 bucks to chat with a mechanic so far $20 has come out of my account and I'm not happy
right now I would like a refund, I am NOT a happy camper.
I do not want to take a phone call. If you can't answer my question or if I have not been clear, would you please let me know before I rate Nelson, so far I am not happy AT ALL.
Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago

yes I am here, are you not able to send the picture? without looking to see where the oil may be coming from I cant be of much help.

as far as the phone call goes that is an automated system that asks for the phone calls.

I will need to look into that disk and how to reseal it. I will get back to you shortly

Are you kidding me. I just as soon you refund my $20 and we'll just let it go. Are we good?
Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago

also I am sorry for the delay in responding, many of the experts(like myself) do this on a part time basis generally at home, and we can get pulled away (as I was) in between responses.

Also I thought that you were you going to send a picture in the morning, and I thought that you would contact me then.

Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago

as far as the refund goes I can put you through to customer service, as I us experts have nothing to do with charges or refunds

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician