Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 sunroof won't shut seams to get stack when around half…

Customer Question
2011 sunroof won't shut...

2011 sunroof won't shut seams to get stack when around half way closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Hyundai?

Santa fe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just looked for any obstacles but not much else. the drivers side mechanism seems to jam and then it reopens. it's the tilt up mechanism not the retract part.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just what to look for & do to shut it at the moment.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/19/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It sounds as if you have a mechanical failure of one of the guides. If you don't see anything physically blocking movement then the issue is either with a guide, cable or the motor. If it appears one side is getting stuck yet there are no visible external problems then you most likely have a bad guide. You can do a close visual inspection and try lubricating the external components. If that doesn't help then removal of the headliner and sunroof assembly will be required to diagnose and repair it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.