sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

2912 tuscon remote died daughter opened car with key but wil

Customer Question

hi 2912 tuscon remote died daughter opened car with key but wil not start, alarm goes off she is pregnant abd alone right now withthe car
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: she said she did
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2012 hyundai tucson
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the car with my daughters and not here, she is 1 hour away she has tried unlocking locking etc
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The problem could be with the vehicle but it's much more likely that the problem is with the key fob. If a second fob is available then it can be tried, if it does work then you know for sure the problem was with the first fob.

Otherwise, the next step with the fob not functioning would be to test or replace it's battery. If the battery is good or replacing it doesn't help then the next step will be to have it tested. Any dealer and most shops will have a key fob tester, or it can be tested at most big chain parts stores such as Autozone for free. If it isn't transmitting yet the battery is good then it will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.