Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Hyundai Tucson and at night battery keeps

I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Hyundai Tucson and at night battery keeps draining and I have already replaced the battery once. Could it be the fuses associated with the battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

How would I do that? With the volunteer do I put the positive with the positive and negative with the negative so that I can get an accurate reading?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah I am going to try and fix it myself. Just tried starting it and it was dead that's all I did

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of

11/15/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached the information you need to find and fix your battery drain.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

No, I will follow the steps and see If I can pinpoint my problem.

Good deal.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor