Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I currently live in S. Korea and bought a 2002 Hyundai Santa…

Customer Question
Hi George ! I...
Hi George ! I currently live in S. Korea and bought a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Gold. Now I bought a U.S specs car stereo to install and I also bought the wiring harness. SO, I planned on installing it and when I pulled the stocked stereo from the vehicle I noticed two harnesses going into the stocked stereo. so I later found that the vehicle has a amp installed which is the 2nd harness to connects to the stereo. the stereo I plan on installing only has one output. please help !
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/16/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 8 months ago
Andrew Martin

Hello, I may be able to help you but first, are you tryiong to install a factory Hyundai head unit? If so, you are trying to install a non amplified head unit into a system that is equipped with an amplifier, correct? If you are not trying to install a factory stereo, I can supply you with the colors of the wires to enable you to wire up an aftermarket head unit.

I'm trying to install an aftermark stereo. The stereo I purchased is not amplified. The current stocked stereo appears to have a second harness that runs into an amp that may be connected to the back of the vehicle. Again, the system that is currently in the vehicle is all factory stocked.