Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I currently live in S. Korea and bought a 2002 Hyundai Santa

Customer Question
Hi George ! I...
Hi George ! I currently live in S. Korea and bought a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Gold. Now I bought a U.S specs car stereo to install and I also bought the wiring harness. SO, I planned on installing it and when I pulled the stocked stereo from the vehicle I noticed two harnesses going into the stocked stereo. so I later found that the vehicle has a amp installed which is the 2nd harness to connects to the stereo. the stereo I plan on installing only has one output. please help !
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
11/16/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 month ago
Andrew Martin

Hello, I may be able to help you but first, are you tryiong to install a factory Hyundai head unit? If so, you are trying to install a non amplified head unit into a system that is equipped with an amplifier, correct? If you are not trying to install a factory stereo, I can supply you with the colors of the wires to enable you to wire up an aftermarket head unit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm trying to install an aftermark stereo. The stereo I purchased is not amplified. The current stocked stereo appears to have a second harness that runs into an amp that may be connected to the back of the vehicle. Again, the system that is currently in the vehicle is all factory stocked.
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician