Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 Elantra and the sound for the radio/navigation…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Elantra and the sound for the radio/navigation system stopped working. I was on a trip and stopped at a rest area and when I started the car again I had no sound for either the radio or the navigation system. Could this be maybe a fuse or something else that is simple for me to fix??? Thanks, Sharon

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am hoping it is something simple I can fix without going to the dealer. I opened the fuse panel but decided to do some research before going any further

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is the only trouble I have had with the car, praise the Lord.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/14/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having may very well be a fuse, and if so, this will be an easy fix. If the fuse(s) are good, then the issue is going to more than likely be in the amplifier and you will need to have the amp and wiring inspected. Especially the ground wire. Just a moment, please, while I retrieve fuse and electrical information for you.

The fuses that you will be inspecting is the 'amp 1' and 'amp 2'(not all model have the amp 2 fuse) fuse, as this is the likely issue if the case is a fuse. You will also need to inspect the 'module 6' fuse and the 'multimedia 1' fuse. These fuse are located in the same fuse box that is under the left side of the dash. Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram of the circuits with the related wiring highlighted along with fuse location information. Check these fuses and replace any that are blown with the SAME AMPERAGE FUSE. If there is no fuse blown, then you will need to have the amp and it's wiring inspected and replaced/repaired as necessary.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd, thank you for your help and direction.

You are very welcome. I am always happy to help. Also, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers provided. Thanks again.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.