Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My 2012 Sonata is having the same electrical board problem

Customer Question
as the recalled 2011 model...
My 2012 Sonata is having the same electrical board problem as the recalled 2011 model resulting in loss of steering. Is this covered under the 2011 umbrella recall for same issues?
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: what fluids?
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No..took to Hyundai dealership and was told it was the electrical board.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
11/13/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Did they tell you which electrical board is at fault?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Just that it was the electrical board
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They did tell me that there was a recall on the 2011 models for the same noard
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
board
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Sorry about the wait. Just checked and this year model has only one recall for steering that is for the shaft coupler. The board recall was ended with model year 2011 as the supposively fixed the issue it was experiencing with the boards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do I do?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Obviously ALL were not fixed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For $26.00 I expect more than this.
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

The dealer will not fix this as tehy will not get reimbusement from hyundai. YOu will have to pay for this out of pocket. You can always contact hyndai directly and explain the situation and sometimes they are able to help you with cost of the repairs as it is a well known issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it is a well known issue why will Hyundai not pay for repair?
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

As they have not issues a recall yet. Once they get enough complains they will need to.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As a single mother of two struggling to make ends meet this is unacceptable especially since the problem is the same as the 2011 models.
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

There is an option on hyundai's website where you put your vehicle's vin number and your complain. That way you can deal directly with the manufacture's repersentative than the dealer who is not going to put the repair if there is no recall.

Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What a disappointment thishas been.
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Sorry about that, but you are not the only one. I have seen vehicle manufacture help customer's with the vehicle if the dealers wont. This is your best shot other than paying for the repairs yourself.

Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Do you have any other questions?

Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 27 days ago
nelson freitas

hello,

Do you still require assistance with this problem?

Your honest feedback is appreciated.
If you dont feel like I deserve a 5 star rating please let me know if there is anything else I can do before rating

nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas