Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lights were left on... battery was drained. After charging…

Customer Question
Lights were left on.....

Lights were left on... battery was drained. After charging it up, the radio no longer works

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2003 Tucson

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?

Charged the battery. Checked all fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The lights seem to stay on. I need to turn the light switch on and off several times to ensure they re off. This does not happen all the time though.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/12/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Could you please be more specific what info you wish me to address so I may help you better.

My lights were left on and the battery completely went flat. After charging the battery and getting the vehicle operating again, the radio no longer works.

Aw ok thanx for that info, then I suspect the radio has anti-theft built into it . In this case you need to reprogram the security code back into it. When the voltage to the radio with theft deterrent is disconnected it triggers that to be inoperative. Do you have the code for it?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you for your reply. I purchased the vehicle second hand so I do not have the security code you note. I will research on where I can get that code.

I can help you with how to get that code.

Unfortunately the industry does not allow us tech's that info so here is the procedure to get it. All this info you gather has to be taken to a dealer with proof of ownership, they will not do this over the phone. INFO REQUIRED; MAKE, MODEL, PRODUCTION DATE AND VIN NUMBER OF VEHICLE. This info should be on driver's door opening sticker. The next bit of info is model and serial number of the radio unit, sorry to say you may have to remove the radio to get it as this is on the chassis of the radio unit. This is usually a free service. The only other thing I can do for you is send you this link that has helped many, but the do charge a small fee for this service.

Hope this helps you decide what you need to do to solve this and if there is any further thing I can do for you let me know or please take the time to rate my service. Thank you.