Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Hyundai 2015 accent with 66000 miles on it and when…

Customer Question
I have a Hyundai...

I have a Hyundai 2015 accent with 66000 miles on it and when I was driving on the hwy all the dashboard lights came on and reset the trip odometer. The car is now acting normal as usual. What could be the issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No I have not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it just happened tonight

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/12/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

The first step to do to actually truly diagnose the issue would get a complete scan done to see if there was any history trouble codes (usually there will be the ECM is good at detecting anything abnormal)

I can tell you one commonly known failure, it is called the battery sensor. I will attach a diagram of its location.

In order to professionally diagnose the issue, a full system scan will be the first step to find a lead.

Dash lights coming on as they did seems to be a CAN communication error possibly caused by that sensor I mentioned, or a voltage issue in the charging system.

If I was there, I would be able to scan your vehicle and do a complete analysis to truly determine the issue, but on here can only tell you one common possibility.

Let me know if this helps :).

If you have time, please take a moment to leave me a rating so I can receive credit for the question, it will mean so much to me :). We can still continue the question if you have more questions after rating me :). It was my pleasure.