EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

About -22 over night not plugged in turns over fast will not

Customer Question

about -22 over night not plugged in turns over fast will not start. It has button instead of a key break peddle feels harder than normal. plugged it in for 2 hours but same thing. also put some gas line anti freeze in tank.
JA: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?
Customer: yesterday and no gas smell
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2011 Sonata Limited
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata Limited yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing I don't know what can be wrong. and yes to myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: will this cost me?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

It is possible that Just Answer may send you a phone call request on my behalf. Feel free to not accept this unless you want a phone call. If you decline there will be no additional charges.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Generally the engine will crank fast when there is an issue with the timing of the engine, or if the cylinders walls are washed down from fuel. You may just have fouled out the plugs. That can happen in cold weather.Also holding the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking the engine shuts off the fuel injectors. So first, try starting it a few times with the accelerator pedal to wide open. If that does not help you need to remove the spark plugs and check if they are fuel soaked. Then either clean/dry them off or replace them and see if that makes a difference. Then we can go from there if needed. Thanks.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.