Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My door lock is broken and even though I am in my car with…

Customer Question
My door lock is...

My door lock is broken and even though I am in my car with the key it wont let me start it, the alarm keeps going off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

I do not have the remote key for this vehicle, only a regular key.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2013 Elentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

There is nothing wrong exactly, the keys were locked inside and the lock on the outside was broken so my key no longer fits in or turns

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of. I was just trying to look up my options.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Nevermind. I got it to start without the alarm going off. Thank you.
11/10/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

no worries,awesome good job

Of you want to reset it use procedure below

the driver lock has to work for the alarm to function properly ,fix it , most likely the door switch or the lock actuator

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today.
If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated.
However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!