Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 Sonata. I flipped the switch near the latch to the

Customer Question
2013 Sonata. I flipped...

2013 Sonata. I flipped the switch near the latch to the locked position to prevent unauthorized entry. The key goes into the key slot near the tag but won't turn. Can't open trunk.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes the steering wheel works. I have driven the car. Everything else seems to be working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. This just happened yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thank You.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Hyundai
11/2/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 9 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Do you mean for the trunk or for the glove box as some of these cars have that option too?
Trunk.
If you flip the switch to the unlock position does the key work then ?