Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have an 07 sonata with no commutation. it will power up

Customer Question
the scanner when i plug...
i have an 07 sonata with no commutation. it will power up the scanner when i plug it in, it will connect with the abs and air bag, not the engine and trans. checked power at aldl, good, check the diagnostic line #5 good, tryed a good ecm from another car that communicates. nothing
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: not sure what that has to do with the computer?
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. and everything i mentioned in the first post
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
11/2/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Will the car crank and start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
runs well. Went for emissions is when we discovered the no communication. Our shop swapped out the engine prior to all this. Same year. We tried ecm same year same engine car.

I have the diagrams if needed. You will need to ohm test the communication lines from the DLC to the PCM to figure this one out.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well you run sown pretty much what I have already checked
Haven't ohm out the communication lines yet, I put that car aside and went to the next

Let me know what from me would help if anything.

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician