Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 hyundai sonata hybrid. Got "check brake" message, lots…

Customer Question
2012 hyundai sonata hybrid...

2012 hyundai sonata hybrid. Got "check brake" message, lots of alarms and blinking on dash screens, then "no key detected" and "insert key" fob message. Car won't start, can't roll up Windows or get it out of gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2012, we haven't changed it. No I don't I ow where the brake switch is to check it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

Waiting for a tow truck now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's as much as I know

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 2 days by:
10/25/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could be going on and it will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem could be as simple as a dead battery, you could have a wiring or power distribution issue, an internal failure in a module, it may be a bus communication issue.

Are you hoping to do the required electrical testing yourself?