Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a 2010 Sonata and am having a problem with the

driver's power window (all others...
I have a 2010 Sonata and am having a problem with the driver's power window (all others are OK). The window will not go down most of the times I try it. When it does go down it will come back up without a problem. Switch? Motor? What do you think?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to, if it's not too complicated. Thus far I've only tried to get some advice(from you)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
10/9/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If it does not make any noises at all when operating the switch when this occurs this usually indicates the switch acting up but I have also seen the window motor act up intermittently like this as well with the motor needing replaced.The only way to be sure is to test the signals from the switch and at the motor itself to see which needs replaced to resolve this fault.

What you can try is when this occurs try pushing down and wiggling the switch button to see if it moves at all.If it does then the switch needs replaced.

But judging by it going down and coming back up with no issues when it does work I am leaning more on the window motor as the cause.I have seen window motors act up just like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks, I'll try some of your suggestions. If I think I have the problem diagnosed - switch or motor - are they difficult to replace and is information about replacement procedures available on line?

Your welcome

They usually are not to difficult to replace.You can obtain all the wiring info, testing info and repair info for your model in the link below.They do charge a small fee but the fee is good for usually one year and covers all of the diagnosis and repair for your model you would need.

https://www.alldatadiy.com/

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician