Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The radio wont power on, fuses are good. 2009 snata fe santa…

Customer Question
The radio wont power...

The radio wont power on, fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides the radio, are any other circuits affected?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2009 snata fe santa fe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses. looked for in-line fuse, cant see any

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this a regular problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
10/5/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Waiting for suggestion. I’m reading there are lots of radio problems in hyundai

hey how are you

There is a 3 fuses for it one is a 10 amp fuses labeled Audio #2 and a 15 amp fuse labeled Audio #1 and a 30 amp fuse labeled P/AMP in the I/P fuse box for it

you checked those ,

click on link to view wiring circuit ,there is different models for it

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

We have testers and experience. There is no 30 amp listed as p/amp. We are getting power to rear of radio when tested at the plug ims

there is several radio , look at the diagram i sent you one of them has only 2 fuse , a 10 amp and a 5 is this what u have ?

click on link, is this box you are looking at correct ?

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician